Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hey, Guess What? It's Web 'Zine & Wiggle Wednesday!

And today I'm featuring AGNI online with a poem titled "The Guy Who Passed Me Doing 90 MPH and Playing the Trumpet" by Jay Rogoff. 

It must be that I've got jazz on the brain, but I still think this poem would've called out to me even if I'd been listening solely to country for the sum total of my days. 

But in this case my jazz brain has anything and everything to do with a CD called Jazz for Kids: Sing, Clap, Wiggle and Shake. It's got Ella Fitzgerald singing "Old McDonald"and "The Muffin Man" (both in a very fast and zippy way), Slim Gaillard and His Baker's Dozen doing "Potato Chips" (crunch, crunch, I ain't gonna eat my lunch), and Louis Prima doing a fine rendition of "Yes! We Have No Bananas," among others. 

This is the CD you want to have blaring in your car when you're racing to beat the late bell. Or, even better, when you glance out your window and see a guy driving with one hand, the other belting out a little Kind of Blue on his trumpet. Hit it!


No comments: