Search This Blog

Friday, October 17, 2008

The What Ate Your Homework?


Okay, so one of my students came into my office the other day and said you're not going to believe this, I mean, you're gonna think I'm making this up. I go, try me. She goes, well, my brother came back from Hawaii a few months ago and he's been on this mission ever since to go back to the Big Island and buy himself a pot-bellied pig. So, I go, really? And she goes, yeah, and he actually did what he said--he flew back to Hawaii, used up all his savings and bought himself a pig, so now he owns this pig and he lives in our house, so the pig does too,  and the pig just really loves paper, so actually why I'm here is to tell you the pot-bellied pig . . . ate my homework. 


2 comments:

Karen J. Weyant said...

Hysterical! I once had a student who inherited an exotic pet, and this exotic pet turned out to be a wallaby who, it turns out, loves paper. So yep, there goes that 10 page research paper!

rams said...

Hit "Save," hit "save," hit "save"...