Search This Blog

Friday, November 28, 2008

No Tell Motel Announces Pushcart Nominations

Oh, boy! No Tell Motel has just announced their Pushcart Prize nominations for 2008, and my poem "Ten Days in Arkansas" is one of them.

Reb Livingston accepted this poem last July or so, much to my surprise. I still didn't feel like it was done, though, so I worked on it for several more hours . . . and I am so grateful that I did.

I think my mother will be most pleased of all; the cemetery where this poem is set is right down the street from where she and my dad live. 

Thanks to Reb Livingston and Molly Arden for doing their best to get me into Pushcart XXXIII, Best of the Small Presses 2009.

* * * *

I also want to thank editor Douglas Goetsch for including my poem "Wagoner" in the new New Plains Review, an entire magazine devoted to work about workshop and MFA experiences. Jeffery Harrison's poem "Fork" is worth the price of admission. 

I hope you're all sufficiently turkey-and-stuffing-ed out. I think I've now eaten enough pumpkin cream cheese pie to keep me satisfied till next November.