Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The New Yorker Caption Contests


So, we're a little slow on the draw, my hubby and I. For the last month or so we've been coming up with award-winning captions for the weekly New Yorker cartoon caption contest, but every time we go to submit we learn that although our current issue has just arrived in the mail (up here in the north-left corner), we've already missed the caption submission deadline. Today we were greeted with the same disappointment when we saw this cartoon (above)


and viewed the finalist captions:

"I didn't get where I am by trying to please."

"This department has become loyal to a fault."

"Let's keep this brief. I need to get back to staring out the window."

All decent possibilities, but hubby's All in favor say meow definitely would've come in first.

However, we now know we can submit our captions online, so be forewarned: soon we'll be a finalist and asking you to vote for our sure-to-be-a-winner caption. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Made me laugh.

Good luck!

seana graham said...

I tried once, and didn't get a look in. I'll be rooting for you, just keep us posted...

SarahJane said...

"All in favor say meow" is indeed hilarious.

T. said...

You definitely should have won!