Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Preparing for My Release Reading at Seattle's Open Books on 2/24






I am preparing for my Open Books reading, which takes place on February 24 at 7:30 pm here in Seattle. This has involved (1) viewing MIT Open Source physics lectures by the famed instructor Stanley Kowalski, (2) practicing my physics demonstrations, (3) putting in time at a certain Wallingford music studio, and (4) trying to decide how much glitter and (5) where to stash the space aliens.

Without giving away too much, I am in the midst of planning a multimedia event of unprecedented devotion to Newton's laws. I hope those of you who live in Seattle will bust out of your first-law-of motion selves ("a body at rest will remain at rest") and come on down to the best poetry-only bookstore in our great nation. Be one of the first to purchase my new collection, The Little Office of the Immaculate Conception, and when you do, receive your very own free gift.






3 comments:

David Graham said...

Ooooh, there better be a video....

Kristin Berkey-Abbott said...

If only I was on your side of the country, I'd come. But I'm on the opposite coast, alas.

Still, I am enjoying the book, and I'm so happy that I had a chance to have you sign it at AWP!

My space alien rides proudly on my backpack (now there's a line for a poem!).

Martha Silano said...

I know you would both be there if you could. Not sure if it will be videotaped or not. It depends on what my hubby can juggle.