Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

Revving Up for my Far-Flung Philly Book Tour



On May 26, I'll be reading at 6:30 pm with Dorothea Lasky & Star Black at The Athenaeum in the City of Brotherly Love. I am so excited to share the stage once again with Ms. Black, and to meet and read with Ms. Lasky, whose Black Life I've been reading and reveling in these past few weeks (I've been enjoying it so much I decided to buy her earlier collection, Awe.)

I will also be reading on May 26 at Drexel University during the noon hour.

Between all this and on Friday and Saturday, I will be touring around Philly, visiting the Mutter Museum, which I anticipate is going to be very intense because it deals with medical curiosities, and the Philadelphia Museum of Art, which will offer comic relief in the form of an exhibition titled The Peacock Male: Exuberance and Extremes in Masculine Dress.

Needless to say, I can hardly wait to board my plane!

If you live anywhere near Philly, or in Philly proper, it would be great to see you at one or both of these readings.

No comments: