Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Q&A: House of Mystery, Next Collection of Poems




House of Mystery

I was tagged by Kelli Russell Agodon for this Q&A on my next book.  
Here are my answers and you can go to her blog to see what she's up to (I will be tagging Susan Rich & Joannie Kervran Stangeland). 

What is the working title of your book?
House of Mystery

Where did the idea come from for the book?
This new book picks up where The Little Office of the Immaculate Conception left off, delving more deeply into mysteries large and small -- everything from The Big Bang to how a girdle disappeared from a childhood clothesline.

What genre does your book fall under?

Poetry

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

The part of Jesus could perhaps be played by Charlton Heston. Either Heston or my favorite sanitation engineer. 
It would be nice if Leonardo Da Vinci, The Mona Lisa, Frida Kahlo, and William DeKooning's women could play themselves.   Same goes for the Neanderthals. 

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

This book explores the mysteries large and small: Where do we come from? Is there a God? Who stole my girdle? 

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Two or so years.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

My parents, Leonardo DaVinci, my children, the ancient Egyptians, and quite a few others.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

There's a poem about ancient Roman sex smack in the middle of the book.

No comments: