Search This Blog

Thursday, December 28, 2017

It's been so long, I practically forgot what I used to tell you all ...

It's three days before the new year. I enjoy looking back and looking forward. When I found out about Janus, I was quite pleased there was a God who did the same. 



When I shared with my husband, he said "doesn't that mean he was two-faced?" But no, Janus isn't about talking behind someone's back. He is, according to Wikipedia, "the god of beginnings, gates, transitions, time, duality, doorways, passages, and endings. Usually depicted as having two faces. he looks to the future and to the past." 

This is why I love January, the month named after the god who presides over beginnings and endings.

In the U.S., so much needs to come to an end. So much needs to begin anew. I think you know what I mean.

Personally, I am saying goodbye to some things, and I am saying hello to some others. Thus, I am very optimistic about the coming year.

I hope you are too. 



No comments: