1. You never know when you're gonna come across exactly the thing you almost paid full price for (a really nice corkscrew, a new-fangled water bottle, a terra cotta pot, etc.)
2. The chiffon blue-flowered print dress that looked so nice pool side, but could also pass for dressy when worn with heels and a sassy piece of jewelry. Um, $5.99, by the way, and it isn't Dry Clean Only.
3. Let's face it, it's the best place to do your Halloween shopping. Also not bad for dorky Christmas wreaths (our perennial favorite definitely should win a prize: a little teddy bear sitting inside a circle of fake plastic pine boughs).
4. The musical selections are always superb ("Let's Get Physical," etc.)
5. You can go on a really, really huge spree and usually not spend more than $20 total.
6. Great for scarves, travel bags, picture frames, kitchen doo-dads.
7. Did I mention the prices?
8. Did I mention it's sorta like being a gleaner, but you don't have to actually go inside a dumpster?
9. Did I mention the part about doing your part to save the planet, give the finger to Walmart and cheap overseas labor?
10. Great cashiers.