Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Poet-izing: Summer Edition

When writing/editing must be attended to during the rare rain-less days of July, there's only one way to get it done: outside. So when poet/editor Kelli Russell Agodon and I met up to continue work on a collaborative book project the other day, I immediately opted for the patio table as our work space. But not before a quick tour of her beautiful herb and flower garden, along with a formal introduction to the Frog Laureate of Washington, who lives in the Agodon family's own personal backyard pond, along with the unveiling of a box-o-decadent-treats from Chocolati. With an assortment of chocolate truffles (Grand Marnier and Cayenne were my favorites), we got down to the business of editing. Four hours flew by, and before I knew it I was gathering up my papers and racing out to make an evening event. The high for day had not reached 65 degrees, but in my soul it was a very comfortable 80. Summer in Western Washington: it doesn't get better.


Kelli in the garden
Frog Laureate of Washington State


Essential Nutrition for Hard-working Editors

with Kelli Russell Agodon, poet and editor extraordinaire

No comments: